Sunday, April 18, 2010
Eclectic Ramblings, Reflections and Pictures
April 18, 2010
eclectic [ɪˈklɛktɪk ɛˈklɛk-]
1. selecting what seems best from various styles, doctrines, ideas, methods, etc.
2. composed of elements drawn from a variety of sources, styles, etc.
* In about 30 minutes, it is my 24th wedding anniversary. I get the privilege of being married to the man of my dreams who has stood by me through sickness and health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, and through the pregnancies and births of 5 boys. Between pregnancies and chemo I’ve been nauseous a huge chunk of my adult life. I think I was more emo during the pregnancies than the chemo...I think so anyway. Reed has been an amazing trooper through it all standing by me without complaining even when I'm beyond snotty and acting like a female dog. Divorce has never been an option in our marriage forcing us to work through the hard issues. It has made us stronger - closer to each other and closer to our Jesus. I seriously cannot imagine life without him. I love you Reed!!
* Three weeks ago my face was at the lens end of miscellaneous media outlet’s cameras. A week-ish ago, studio cameras were in my face preparing to beam my image to lots and lots of television sets. The middle of this week I was lying in a tube with special “cameras” looking inside my brain and “televising” my cranial image to the only person that really mattered...Dr. Duma, my neurosurgeon. He said my brain looked beautiful!! The last two experiences caused a bit of anxiety...I preferred seeing Ellen’s cameras to seeing Dr. Duma’s. Plus, Ellen’s people don’t use needles. Well, on me anyway.
* I’ve had three treatments with the “new” regimen. So far not seeing anything encouraging but was told it would take a little while. I guess I just keep waiting. Side effects are minimal...mostly fatigue and some tummy aches. I am, however, having a weird yucky pain in my left arm. But new pajamas were specially delivered tonight so that I look cute while lying around and feeling gross!! Always an up side. I love pajamas.
* On Wednesday, literally out of the blue, Reed was offered a job with DC Shoes (clothing division) that was too good to pass up. He starts this Tuesday. His next business card will read, Reed Robinson, VP Merchandising. Dawn, please tell Luke...I’m sure he will be soooo excited...hee, hee.
* Pete and Eli got haircuts this week and Abe celebrated his 13th spiritual birthday.
* Today was an incredibly relaxing and special day hanging at the beach in Surfside celebrating the life of Jodie’s business partner and good friend, Steve Adler, who died on March 11th. Several people hoped that Larry the whale would show his cute face during the paddle out but evidently, he didn't feel like coming.
* Onto tomorrow. Need to wash my new jammies!!!!!!!!!!!!